Introducing the ACPE Psychotherapy Commission
ACPE News | March 18, 2019
The interim ACPE Psychotherapy Commission held its first meeting March 8, 2019. The commission reviewed its charge and initial priorities:
- Defining the activities and responsibilities of the ACPE Psychotherapy Commission.
- Appointing the initial commissioners and leadership to the Psychotherapy Commission.
- Creating up to ten Communities of Practice for former AAPC members to join.
- Establishing the requirements for membership of an ACPE Psychotherapist and General ACPE member.
- Determining how MAP grant funds will be managed and how they will be distributed.
- Encouraging former AAPC members to participate in leadership positions.
- Collaborating with ACPE staff on other duties as required to ensure a smooth transition.
The commission will continue meeting bi-weekly by videoconference until their first face-to-face meeting during the Annual Conference, May 8-10, 2019, in Scottsdale, AZ.
The commission will also identify key strategic questions that the elected version of this body will continue addressing in January 2020. The interim commission is collaborating with the Leadership Development Committee to establish commissioner terms and job responsibilities for the annual fall elections. A call for nominations will be sent to the membership this summer.