U CAN PROVIDE HOPE AND LIFT SPIRITS
As a Chaplain Resident at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, you will provide spiritual care to patients, families and staff. You will also participate in a year of Clinical Pastoral Education to enhance the professional development of your spiritual leadership and pastoral/spiritual care skills.
We’re seeking a strong spiritual leader with a Bachelor’s Degree (Masters preferred) and a unit of Clinical Pastoral Education, or equivalent education. You must have previous pastoral care/spiritual care experience and be able to:
- Engage in pastoral/spiritual caregiving to persons of any faith
- Provide care and compassion that enables people to make decisions, accept loss, and cope with crisis situations
- Function effectively in crisis or under stress
- Provide theological and spiritual reflection with persons
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff, volunteers, patients, and families
- Articulate and communicate the spiritual needs of patients to their care team and other chaplains/spiritual caregivers
- Work collegially with community religious leaders
- Engage in the Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) program with openness and intentionality
- Ability to be mobile and function with overnight on-call responsibilities
You must be sensitive to diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural practices and values. The ideal candidate will also be organized, responsible and flexible.
If you’re looking to make a positive difference in the lives of others, you can at UCLA Health.