We Are Hiring
Ascension St. John Hospital is hiring a Clinical Pastoral Educator. If you are someone who commits themselves to serving all persons especially those in need then this position may be for you! At Ascension, our Mission, Vision and Values guide everything we do. It is foundational to our work to transform healthcare and our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication
Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare.
What You Will Do
As the Clinical Pastoral Educator with Ascension St John Hospital, you will have the opportunity to develop and conduct Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) programs and supervise CPE students and participants.
You will also be responsible for:
- Developing and conducting level I and level II Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) programs in accordance with the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE) standards and the hospital's mission, philosophy and goals.
- Supervising all activities related to clinical pastoral students, including recruiting, screening, orienting, scheduling, mentoring, evaluating, and providing continuing education initiatives.
- Maintaining all CPE-related records, reports, policies, standards, procedures, educational and library resources.
- Assisting with providing and managing the delivery of daily pastoral care services, including counseling, religious rites and sacraments, worship services and assistance with biomedical ethical decision-making.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Chaplain specializing in Cert of Endorsement.
- Master's degree in Divinity, Theology, Pastoral Studies or related field is required
- 1 year of experience required.