Director of Spiritual Care. Exciting Opportunity Available – Early 2018. We are a large Teaching Hospital and Level I Trauma Center in New England seeking a Director of Spiritual Care and ACPE Certified Educator with a vision for 21st century chaplaincy and spiritual care education. The CPE center has provided high quality education for our spiritual care professionals for 50 years, and has been recently reaccredited for 10 years with commendation.
Job Position Summary
The Director of Spiritual Care is responsible for developing, organizing, directing programs and activities pertaining to the provision of spiritual care. The goals and objectives of the Department shall be consistent with the hospital's core values. The Director will coordinate the provision of spiritual care with visiting clergy, chaplains, nursing, and medical staff.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Master of Divinity degree in an accredited religious seminary or theological school, or equivalent training.
- Comprehensive knowledge of religion and spirituality, medical ethics and spiritual care.
- Ordination or appointment by an appropriate judicatory.
- Board Certification by the Association of Professional Chaplains or National Association of Catholic Chaplains.
- Certification as a Certified Educator in the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc.
- Three to five years previous years in a health care environment, including administrative, spiritual care and educational responsibilities. Background in medical ethics preferred.
- Interpersonal skills necessary for effective leadership of assigned and attached personnel and effective interaction with clergy, patients, families and the community.
- Administrative skills necessary in order to develop and administer Department budgets, policies and procedures.
If you would like to continue your career path of providing spiritual care, please email your resume to: email@example.com