PeaceHealth is hiring a Certified Pastoral Educator!
PeaceHealth is looking for a talented Certified Pastoral Educator to conduct Clinical Pastoral Education under the accreditation of the ACPE. This is an exciting opportunity that works in collaboration with Mission Service leaders to promote and integrate the mission and formation of programs locally.
The ideal candidate will be able to develop curriculums, recruit students, supervise students’ clinical experience, provide educational opportunities, and evaluate students. The incumbent will also be able to actively engage and participate with the regional and national ACPE to maintain program accreditation and educator certification status.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
- Develops an education program that emphasizes student-centered learning and mutual respect.
- Conducts admissions interviews and communicates admission decisions.
- Designs and implements curriculum for student-centered learning.
- Provides coaching and supervision of students; assigns, reviews, and comments on students’ written materials in a timely manner.
- Evaluate the students’ personal and professional functioning, writes evaluative reports in accordance with ACPE standards, and completes ACPE registration forms for students who complete their program.
- In consultation with the chair, facilitates and attends meetings of Pastoral Care and Education Advisory Committee to inform members of the educational activities and receive advice about maintaining standards of excellence in the CPE program
- Maintains ACPE standards for accreditation of Clinical Pastoral Education program.
- Collaborates with the institution’s Manager of Spiritual Care or other designated administrator to provide pastoral care coverage and participate in other spiritual care programs as assigned.
- Ensures education provided is within the context of the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic health care and the Mission and Values of PeaceHealth and Pastoral and Spiritual Care Services.
Interested? Please visit jobs.peacehealth.org and search Req Id # 171341.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!