URBAN CPE CONSORTIUM, INC.
POSITION TITLE: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Urban CPE Consortium: Located in Chicago, Illinois, the mission of Urban CPE Consortium (UCPE) is to form persons able to identify root causes of injustice and to facilitate the healing of spiritual, social and systemic wounds.
Our Core Values are expressed in professing to those we work with the effective importance of living a life committed to seeking Justice (right relationships), Community, Compassion, and Well-Being.
The Executive Director is the chief executive officer of the not for profit organization and is responsible for administering the affairs of the organization in partnership with the Board of Directors. The primary work of the organization is to provide supervised clinical pastoral experience and training to individuals under the standards of the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc. (ACPE).
To accomplish the primary work of the organization the Executive Director:
- Collaborates with member agencies to develop and maintain training sites for the students of UCPE
- Maintains an open and inclusive relationship with the Board of Directors of UCPE and partners with the Board to plan for the development of UCPE
- Maintains operations and fiscal accountability of UCPE at the highest industry standards
- Seeks sources of revenue for UCPE in addition to tuition and fees, including fundraising events and grant applications
- Recruits and supervises clinical pastoral education students
- Maintains the accreditation of the UCPE by the ACPE
- Designs creative programming aligned to mission
- Collaborates with ACPE and its community of practices
Requirements for the position:
- Management and administrative experience, minimum of five years
- Experience as a clinical pastoral educator at all levels of training and certification by the ACPE, Inc.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to responding to the challenges of urban community life and social justice issues
- Proven ability to work effectively with a board of directors and organizational committees
- Highly developed communication skills along with a commitment to provide spiritual and emotional care to others
- Competent in the use of technology to achieve organizational goals including potential for on-line learning programs
- Understanding of effective fundraising programs and grant writing/grant reporting
- Understanding of accounting principles, personnel requirements, and contract administration.
The position is a salaried, full-time position and provides health insurance, vacation, and assistance in obtaining continuing professional education.
Please e-mail a cover letter, references, and resumé to Janet MacLean at email@example.com.