Manager And ACPE Certified Educator, Clinical Pastoral Education
NYU Langone Hospital – Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The hospital is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Health’s anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough. Learn more about NYU Langone Hospital – Brooklyn.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the department of Chaplaincy Services at NYU Langone Hospital – Brooklyn and conducting Clinical Pastoral Education programs according to Association for Clinical Pastoral Education standards.
● Ensure the delivery of a complete program of spiritual care to patients/residents, their loved ones and staff of all faith traditions
● Supervise and facilitate the work of those delivering spiritual care including employees of the institution and chaplains appointed to the Spiritual Care Department by the faith communities
● Conduct yearly performance reviews as appropriate
● Coordinate clergy, pastoral visitors, and volunteers from the religious community
● Serve on institutional committees such as ethics and Institutional Review Board as appointed
● Oversee the use and maintenance of the spiritual care offices and meditation room
● Develop and maintain proper administration procedures for the department in accordance with institutional policy
● Respect and protect student’s rights to have a quality CPE center and to have excellent supervision
● Conduct timely admissions interviews, communicate admission decisions, and handle application materials in a professional manner
● Design curriculum for student-centered learning
● Assign, review, and comment on students’ written materials in a timely manner
● Evaluate the students’ personal and professional functioning, write an evaluative report in accord with ACPE standards, and complete ACPE registration forms for students who complete their program
● In consultation with the chair, facilitate and attend meetings of Pastoral Care and Education Advisory Committee to inform members of the educational activities and receive advice about maintaining standards of excellence in the CPE program
● Collaborate with the Senior Director of Mission and Spiritual Care or other designated administrator to provide spiritual care coverage and participate in other spiritual care programs as assigned
● Support an interdisciplinary approach to spiritual care
● Participate in team meeting and rounds
● Promote an interdisciplinary approach to spiritual care among all chaplains
● Participate in maintenance of proper administration procedures for the department in accordance with institutional policy
● Assist in the coordination of clergy and pastoral visitors from the religious community
● Document all chaplaincy activities in a timely manner according to department protocols
● Participate in the department’s plan for continuous quality improvement
● Contribute to the wider community through publication, teaching, and research
● Author or co-author materials relevant to spiritual care and pastoral education
● Participate in teaching/lecturing on a regular or periodic basis as invited
● Participate in programs and administrative activities of the institution
● Participate in regular professional development activities and supervision
● Participate in the planning and administration of the overall training program
● To qualify you must have a Master’s Degree
● Certified Educator by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education. (Must be in good standing with the organization)
● Board Certified Chaplain with Association of Professional Chaplains, National Association of Catholic Chaplains or National Association of Jewish Chaplains
● Experience providing spiritual care to patients, families and staff in a healthcare setting
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital – Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.